5061 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve Switch - MIBs

Gianluca Galleani
Occasional Contributor

Procurve Switch - MIBs

Hi everybody!
I'm configuring a monitoring system for my customer who owns a network composed of Procurve Switches.
My customer asked me to watch the status of the Fans and the Power supplies of the core switches. So, I downloaded the mib files from HP and tried to import them into my monitoring software (PRTG Network Monitor V7).
Unfortunately, those particular MIBs don't seem to work, not even when using an SNMP tester and polling the specific OID. The switch responds as if no object was found...
However, other custom HP MIBs work fine. For example, the one that describes the Chassis OIDs.

What can I do?

Thanx in advance!

Regards

Gianluca Galleani
4 REPLIES 4
Sudain
Advisor

Re: Procurve Switch - MIBs

Have you tried the built-in MIBs for PRTG?
Gianluca Galleani
Occasional Contributor

What you mean as "Built-in Mibs"?

Those mibs that are already present in the OID Library of prtg does not have the fan or power monitoring option...

Sorry, but I don't have so much experience on this software... :-)
Sudain
Advisor

No worries, that's what I was asking about. I remember that on my 4308 I thought I was able to get cpu and memory.
Sudain
Advisor

Sorry for the double post but check out Getif(http://www.wtcs.org/snmp4tpc/getif.htm) - an SNMP tool that's helped me in the past. IT's pretty clunky and it's not garenteed but it has gotten me fan speeds before. It's especially helpful if you know the expected value of the fan when you are looking for it.