Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Procurve Webaccess on other VLAN than default

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stefan B Buchleitner.
Occasional Advisor

Procurve Webaccess on other VLAN than default

I set op the VLAN1 and added ports to via the webaccess from one of the "Some Computers" (see attachment). The "Some Computers" is a gruop of computers on a private network and the routing through the nat to the internet works fine, so i guess the VLAN1 is working fine, but i can no longer connect to the switches webaccess or ping their IP adresses (which is also in the private range as the "Some Computers".

I guessed i lacked some basic knowledge about this so i tryed the manual, but could not find anything helpfull.

What should i do to be able to manage the switches fom the "Some Computers" in VLAN1 ?

Thank you in advance: SBB
3 REPLIES
OLARU Dan
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Re: Procurve Webaccess on other VLAN than default

Before you have setup VLAN1, the IP addresses of the switches were assigned to the DEFAULT_VLAN. You should use the consoles of the switches to assign the IP addresses from the subnet "Some Computers" to VLAN1, and use another subnet for DEFAULT_VLAN, or use no IPs in the DEFAULT_VLAN for the switches (to avoid cracking your switches by "interested" parties in the Internet).

Why do you need your DEFAULT_VLAN to get on the Internet? - just curious
Stefan B Buchleitner.
Occasional Advisor

Right now there is a lot of computers in the Default VLAN which has to connect directly to the internet (no firewall or anything) and the "Some Computers" is to be protected...
I could make a VLAN2 and put the unprotected computers in there, but that seems like doing work for getting the same situation at a different VLAN =o7
I read about moving the "Primary" role from VLAN but not sure it has to do with the management of switches like my problem... i think youre suggestion sounds like the solution...
Tomorrow i will try doing what you say and assign points for the result :)

Thank you for replying.

SBB
Stefan B Buchleitner.
Occasional Advisor

Work delayed... will give points as soon as i have the chance to try your solution...

SBB