5891 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve configuration listing order

Xavier Walker
Advisor

Procurve configuration listing order

Hi.

Is there a way to update and "sort" the configuration of procurve switches in ascending order for interfaces, VLANs, etc?

I'm used to Cisco IOS and never appreciated how helpful it is to always have the interfaces listed in order until I started using Procurve.

After a while, I'm finding it impossible to know where to look in the config as it lists the settings by date of entry, not sorted by logical number.
3 REPLIES 3
Xavier Walker
Advisor

Hmm. I spoke to a Procurve expert and he's confirmed there's no autosorting. A strong feature request has been passed on to the engineering team, but at the moment, it looks like I'll have to overcome the mess myself!

Hi,

if you have not seen these, the Procurves have some useful commands for showing vlans, rather than looking in the configuration...

show vlans
show vlan
show vlan ports

People who are used to cisco ios usually don't like the Procurve vlan method until they find these commands and then they prefer the Procurve method. However i agree that it would be best to have the vlan id's in ascending order in the config..

Martin
Xavier Walker
Advisor

Hi Martin. Thanks for the pointer.