7670 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve manager - network analizer not running

Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Procurve manager - network analizer not running

Hi ,

I am trying to get the consistanct - Network analizer working in PCM 2.1. It looks like it runs but htere is nothing in the report. I have searched the web but not founf much on this. I find it hard to believe that all of our switches are perfect. Anyone any ideas or a direction I could be looging in.
thanks
Ronnie
6 REPLIES 6
Lei.Ma
Frequent Advisor

by default, when you setup the PCM+ , you need use a username and password, for exmple :administrator, admin; otherwise , you cann't loggin in after you setuped.
so, don't worry, just reinstall the software again.

Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Ok

this makes no sence since I can log in to the software and run all other aspects of the software. So I dont see how reinstalling the software will help.

The only issue I am having is when I run a Network analizer report on a switch there is no information in the report. I can connect to the switch using PCM for all other managment taske.

Ronnie
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Try forcing a problem, for example configure one switch to 100-fdx and leave the other on auto. Or create a new VLAN tagged on a port which is going to another switch, but don't add the tagged VLAN to that switches port.

Once you have created a problem, re-scan the devices (right click, scan), and then run the network analyzer again.
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Matt,

Took me a while to get back to this, I have set up a definate port missmatch and my report is still completly blank.

I have done a comms test and all go through succsfully.

Any other pointers would be greate.

Ron
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

When setting up the Network Analyzer report, did you make sure to select 'Interconnect Devices' from the Target Groups?

I'm running PCM 2.1 with Update 9, and it's definitely working for me however I've noticed a couple of problems with this report. First on my Mesh it was reporting Meshed ports connecting to non-Mesh ports - I tried re-scanning all of the switches but this did not help. In the end I had to delete the device from PCM, re-discover and then run the report to get rid of this error.

Second with the VLAN tagging, it seems to get down to the level of VLAN's that have been set to 'forbid' and considers that a mismatch. I haven't delved much further into this but don't be too surprised if you get some false positives back.
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi Matt,

picket interconnected devices and it actually give me a couple of Duplex mismatches on trunk ports,

just going to check them out now.

thanks
Ron