108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve manager question

SOLVED
Go to solution
Nikunj Damani
Advisor

Procurve manager question

I use Procurve manager to monitor my switches. There are some devices which does not show any events while some are showing the events.
If I view the switches on a web interface, I can see the events for all my switches. So what do I have to do for the events to show up in the Manager software?
5 REPLIES 5
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

check if the Procurve Manager IP has been added as the trap receivers in those devices?

HTH!
Javed

ps: thought will remind of an etiquette followed in the forum - assign points on scale (1-10) to people trying to help by answering your queries; its an appreciation for the time they spend in responding to your questions.
Nikunj Damani
Advisor

Can you please tell me how to find that out? Also, if the IP address is not there, how do you add it?

Thank you.
Tore Valberg
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi Nikunj

As already said, make sure all the switches have the IP address of the PCM server/Agent set as trap recieved in the switches.

The config should contain a command like:
"snmp-server host For example "snmp-server host 10.0.0.1 public"

Another thing to consider is switches that has more then 1 ip address. Specially routing switches.

Depending on topology and config, the switch might send the snmp traps with a source IP that is different then the switch is discovered with in PCM.

As the source IP of the trap doesn't match any discovered devices, PCM doesnt know what to do with the trap.

To check and correct this you can run a wireshark trace or similar on the PCM server, while you generate events on the switch.
Then you can see what source IP the switch use, and rediscover that switch using the source IP of the traps.

Tore
Nikunj Damani
Advisor

Thank you.
I will try it and let you guys know.
Nikunj Damani
Advisor

The config should contain a command like:
"snmp-server host For example "snmp-server host 10.0.0.1 public"