1748182 Members
3586 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Procurve manager

Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

Procurve manager

I have problem with Procurve manager plus when i change Global:Discovery:Setting. I get The Restarting discovery box and the progress bar is fill for half and the sending restart notification freeze. see the attached file

Maybe you have tip for me

7 REPLIES 7
Ted Nguyen
Advisor

Re: Procurve manager

Do you consistently got this problem? Try restarting the GUI client.
Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

yes i restart the gui, the pc, anything i can.

Another little question, how i can eliminate the switch detected with wrong ip adress. i explain the switch haved a adress and this adress was changed but the entity in procurve manager do not change his adress so i can't use the communication with device but i have the status for this

weird.
Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

Excuse for the dealy but i have quit for the weekend
Ted Nguyen
Advisor

I think you can re-discover (right click on the device and select "Re-Discover Device".) If that doesn't work, you'll have to delete the device (right click on the device and select Delete device) and then use the Manual Discovery Wizard to discover the device.

Regarding the Restarting of discovery, what platform are you running PCM on?
Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

I try delete or re-discover the device but nothing do.

The soft run on win2k servers
Ted Nguyen
Advisor

Steve,

It looks like something got out of sync. Here's something you might want to try:

Go to Preferences-Discover-Status and uncheck "Automatically run discovery when management server starts". Then click "Stop". If the progress status hung (note: it might take a few minutes for discovery to stop), you can either try to restart ProCurve Manager NT service or reboot the PC (better to reboot).

Once PCM is started, Discovery will not auto run and you can try to delete the device and check if it's successfully deleted from PCM. If the device is indeed got deleted, then you can use the Manual Discovery Wizard to discover the device.

Hope this helps.

Steve Vibert_1
Frequent Advisor

I have a message in status bar it tell me a discovery is stopped. The automaticcaly discover is off and i reboot many times