Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753627 Members
5529 Online
108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Procurve switch 408 (J4097B) just blinks!

SOLVED
Go to solution
ColinG
Honored Contributor

Procurve switch 408 (J4097B) just blinks!

Hello,

I have had a working Procurve switch 408 (J4097B) for over a year and this morning when I switched it on I see the "FDx/Col" and "100" lights flash approx once per second and the Link/Act light does not flash at all.

If I leave the switch in this state for a while (2 hrs or more) then it starts to work without a problem until I switch it off and on the very next morning.

Has anyone seen this before?
It looks like a terminal problem to me :-(

Regards,
Colin
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
If you liked the reply then please show this with KUDOs.
3 REPLIES 3
SCOOTER
Esteemed Contributor
Solution

Hi colin,

I recognize this, no traffic is passing the switch right? I have seen the same problem and I called HP support, they exchanged the switch and now the problem is gone. There have been a few exchanges for me on the 408 now and it seems to me there is a problem with the model. The replacements all work fine without problems and the difference is in the productnumber. The new ones have as p/n J4097-69201.
My suggestion is call HP for an exchange of the switch.

Regards,
SCOOTER
ColinG
Honored Contributor

I spoken to HP support and they told me this looks is a fault and will replace the switch. Looks like this is a known problem.

Thanks for your help.
HP Support
If you find this or any post resolves your issue, please make sure to mark it as an "Accepted Solution".
ColinG
Honored Contributor

Solution: Call HP support for a replacement as this switch has a lifetime warranty.
HP Support