3506 Online
108722 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

QOS on a 2524

SOLVED
Go to solution
Mark Bruce

QOS on a 2524

We have a new voip pbx system installed at our premises and have purchased a procurve 2524 to implement to connect this equipment. We have been having problems with echo and dropped calls on the phones and have had the pbx ip card checked out, seems fine? I need to know if the ports need tagging or not to support the 802.1p protocol?
3 REPLIES 3
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: QOS on a 2524

The ports do need to be tagged (802.1Q) to support 802.1p. The phones should be set to be tagged and should hopefully be inserting a priority bit which the switches will then recognise and forward at the higher priority.

Alternatively you can set port priority on the 2500's. The release notes gives instruction on this: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/2300-2500-RelNotes--f0555-59903102.pdf

You would only use port priority if connecting only phones to those ports.
Mark Bruce

I think the phones are fine as these are the only thing that is connected to this switch at the moment apart from the pbx. This is where we seem to be having a problem, (pbx ip-port 1).
There were fault logs after a few days when i first connected the switch but they seem to have gone after a power down. These were coming up with a crc fault on port 1?
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Very possible there is/was a duplex mismatch between the switch and the pbx. The switch is set to auto neg by default, check the pbx is set to auto. Otherwise hard code them both to full-duplex.