Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Procurve switch staus using snmp

Michael Goessmann
Occasional Visitor

Query Procurve switch staus using snmp

Hi there!

Does anyone know if the is a way (means: OID) to query the general status (OK/CRITICAL) of a HP ProCurve 8000/4000 switch using snmp?

I just want to add a simple command to my Netsaint configuration...

Thanks in advance!

cu, Michael
2 REPLIES
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Re: Query Procurve switch staus using snmp

All of the MIBs are at:

http://www.hp.com/rnd/software/MIBs.htm

I always get the OID by loading the MIB files into the getif MIB folder and pointing getif (a freeware window program just ask google) at the device and use the MIBBrowser function to find the one I want. Alas I do not have a ProCurve switch to play with.

Ron
Michael Goessmann
Occasional Visitor

Re: Query Procurve switch staus using snmp

Ron,

thanks very much, this helped a great deal. Although, I now have to find out how to query OIDs with a varying last number. Maybe I should read the related RFCs and manpages ...

Michael