1752563 Members
4573 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Radius Configuration - HP 2650 ver 10.74

Darleen Crowley
Occasional Advisor

Radius Configuration - HP 2650 ver 10.74

I have configured my radius servers, I am getting authenticated by the radius server, but the switch is telling me that I am entering the wrong password. I am stumped. Help.
5 REPLIES 5
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

assuming you are trying to do mgmt authentication of the switch to a radius server, we need to see the following:

1) 'show radius'
2) 'show authentication'
3) do you have the switch mgmt ip addr defined as a radius "client"
4) when you attempt to login into the switch, exactly what is the prompt?
5) what is the radius platform?
6) the radius server's output of the transaction (its log entry)

cheers...jeff
Darleen Crowley
Occasional Advisor

This post is not going to answer your question, however, hopefully it will provide you with more info. I am on phone with support and they agree that the radius config on the switch is accurate. I am Authenticating to the radius server, its the switch that does not seem to accept the 'Okay' from the radius server. I am using MS IAS. Any thoughts as to why radius is giving me the okay and then the switch replies with Password Authentication failed? The usernames and passwords have been setup for manager and operator.
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

yes, i've seen this exact issue many times before in class...

re-enter the radius "secret key" on both the switch and in IAS-switch client...

of course can't give the 100% this will fix it, but i suspect it will :-)

cheers...jeff
Darleen Crowley
Occasional Advisor

Please note the issue was the way the IAS server was configured. The switch indeed was config'd correctly. In the Policy, i changed the Profile, (advanced tab) service type to administrative, and then the swich accepted the logon. I also added login-lat-service with ssh for added measure. All is working now.
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

glad to hear its all working!

you can also use priv mode for an operator user as well...controled by a different remote-access-policy and windows group...

cheers...jeff