1748198 Members
2649 Online
108759 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Redundant 2524 Switch network

Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

Redundant 2524 Switch network

Hi Experts , I would like to configure 2 procurve 2524 swittches as redundant and then from there will be redundant connections to 2 more procurve 2524 switches which shall also be in redundant config, and there shall be 2 vlans on these redundant switches ,from the backbone thtey are connceted to two redundant Routers with 2 lans also configured on the interface to switches, please let me know if this is possible to do so.
help me to how to configure the 2 switches with 2 vlans in redundant mode and then to send the traffic using trunking.
10 REPLIES 10
Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

hi Experts,
i have drawn a picture of what i have said in my first request, please have a look at that for better understanding of my sayings.
Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

Hi Experts can any one answer to my Probelem desrcibed and drawing attached.
HRE
Valued Contributor

Hi Rouf,

If you want to setup your network as described, you need "meshing". But that feature is not supported from the 25xx switches. It will be possible with the 3400cl Series. You will found more information about meshing in the "Advanced Traffic Management Guide" for the 53xx and 34xx switches on page 7-1 ff. You can download these information here: ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/Advanced_Traffic-5300xl-3400cl.pdf

Kind Regards

HRE
Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

HI HRE;

Thanks a lot for your kind reply,please let me know if there is any possibilitty to use the switches as described. they will all be in one subnet.if we can use any trcik ?
HRE
Valued Contributor

Read the informations about meshing and i think you can answer this question by yourself. I can not see any trick.
Jason F.
Advisor

Your only alternative is to consider using Spanning Tree Protocol. However, all redundant links will be dormant, unlike meshing where all links are active.

-Jason
http://ProCurve.com
ProCurve Support
Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

Hi Jason,
but how to do that , could you pleease describe, what i have to write in the configuration filees.
many thanks,
Rouf
Jason F.
Advisor

Begin reading on PDF page 296
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/59692354.pdf

-Jason
http://ProCurve.com
ProCurve Support
Rouf Aslam
Frequent Advisor

hi ,there is notthing or I havent understand that, thats why i have askeed you experts for the help.