1748265 Members
4020 Online
108760 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Redundant netwerk setup using Procurve 2626 and 2524

Erik Bakker

Redundant netwerk setup using Procurve 2626 and 2524

Hi,

We are moving soon to a new ISP en we are current ly preparing our network setup.
Since we have two GE uplinks to different layer3 switches from our ISP, we want to setup a redundant netwerk.

We are currently having the Procurve 2524 en 2626 switches and i wonder if its possible with this equipment to setup a redundant network.

I want to use 2x Procurve 2626 as coreswitches and connect them to our ISP their layer3 switch (uplink a/b on scheme).

Then i want to go from these switches with 100mbit connection from each switch to our "subswitches(procurve2524).

So if a layer3 switch from our ISP fails and upstream A doesn't work anymore then traffic must go by Uplink B or vice versa.

Other situation is if one 2626 switch fails, then the traffic must go via the other 2626 switch.

Is this possible with these layer2 switches ?
3 REPLIES 3
Erik Bakker

i attached a small scheme in previous post.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.
If i understand, you must use Sapning tree feature in the switch. You have to setup the priority of each swtich for them to work... In you switch manual, it suppose to show you the way how to do it.

I cant say more about, I am not network master! But I think I show you a way to do it.

Wish that help
Marc
Bjorn Tore Paulen
Frequent Advisor

Hi!

It is not possible to make use of more than one link at a time with this setup. If switch with uplink A is root (lowest STP number), it will always get all the traffic, unless it's uplink breaks. Switch with uplink B will only be a hot standby. Traffic between 2524s will afaik always follow blue paths. You could also interconnect them directly.

Meshing (4000, 5300) can make use of both links at the same time. It is a refinement of the STP.