108797 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Router help with 2910al

SOLVED
Go to solution
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Just for confirmation, is there a route from the Sonic wall pointing back to the subnet of VLNA 5 (which is has the issue)

Can you please tell us to which port is the Sonic wall connected on the switch and the tag, untag for this port and the IP address of the Sonic wall.

Basicly if the Sonic wall is in the same VLAN as VLAN 4 you wont need a route back to that VLAN, for any other VLAN you will need to add a route in the sonic wall showing it how to send the traffic destined to the other vlans back (where to send it)

If VLAN 5 wants to access the internet the source IP will be from VLAN 5, now when the traffic from the internet comes back through Sonic wall (after natting and all these things) Sonic wall needs to know where to send this traffic (since it will be distened to VLAN 5 which he does not know where it is)

Is what i said clear ? :S
Ken Richmond
Advisor

Hi Shadow13,

The Sonicwall is connected Port 25 on my SW0 switch and is untagged in vlan4 and tagged in vlan5.

The sonicwall is indeed in vlan4 and all devices on that side are working fine - it's only vlan5 that has the issue. I agree that the issue appears to be routing back from the sonicwall to vlan5.

As I mentioned earlier, I believe this is a sonicwall issue. I'll post on their forums to see what I can gleen from there. I may also post this issue in a new thread on this group.

Just a note... I typo'd my previous post. It should have read Vlan5 looks like it's breaking at the default route (not Vlan4 as I posted).

Ken Richmond
Advisor

Got it!!

I was making this harder than it had to be (there's a surprize)!

I decided to ignore vlans on the sonicwall and just look at routing. It was the vlan reference on the sonicwall that was causing me all of the grief. While the sonicwall is capable of configuring vlans, I had already configured them on the procurve equipment. Basically, I was trying to recreated the vlans on the sonicwall device - totally unnecessary.

Essentially I needed to do the following:

1 - create address objects for vlan5 (192.168.3.0) and the vlan 5 address of the switch (192.168.3.11).
2 - add a static ARP entry on the sonicwall with a vlan5 address (192.168.3.22) for the port connected to my lan (X1)
3 - create a route for 192.168.3.x to 192.168.3.11 via port X1.

Piece of cake (yeah, right!)

Again... thanks so much for the help I've received in this forum!!