New Discussion юеВ

Re: SFTP or SCP file download

SOLVED
Go to solution
Igor_59
Occasional Contributor

SFTP or SCP file download

Hi,
I trying to manage running-config file on Procurve 2824 with SFTP or SCP.
As I understood there is no posible to overwrite it. But I saw the automatic message:

uploading to authorized_keys files may add keys, but will not overwrite an existing file

How to add some text to running-config file? If I add some config information (like lockout-mac xxxxxx-xxxxxx) did it start working automaticaly?

Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Hi Igor,

Unfortunately it isn't possible to edit the running-config, upload it, and make the changes take effect on the fly. If you upload a startup-config, the switch will reload.

On the 5300 series you can make changes to ACL's within the running-config with the 'copy command-file' option, but this is limited to ACL commands only.

Your best bet is to use ProCurve Manager Plus which has a CLI wizard feature. It should allow you to achieve what you're after.

Matt
Igor_59
Occasional Contributor

THanks Matt!

Any ideas how to write script that send command to switch? May be it posible to do with ssh?
claramunt_1
Advisor

SecureCRT is a very good option but is a commercial product (http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/index.html)
There are an area of their own website with some scripting examples...
Igor_59
Occasional Contributor

It's not realy want I need. I have RH Linux system. So I need the script that connect using ssh2 to Procurve 2824, authorize and run one or multiple command, and, may be, after don't close the ssh session but still using to run commands with parameters(like lockout-mac xxxxxx-xxxxxx, where mac is command parameter). SO I want to dynamic blockink system, where Linux server have database and Procurve 2824 blocking system.

Think it's realy? :)
Kell van Daal
Respected Contributor

Hi Igor,

I would recommend to use perl with the Net::SSH:Perl module. With perl you can script all you like ;)

Kell
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

I've used 'expect' scripts in the past to issue the same command to multiple devices. It takes some time to configure though which is why I prefer to just use PCM+ CLI Wizard to do the same thing.

I've attached an expect script I used in the past to update 420 AP's to the latest version firmware before PCM+ was able to do it.