1751871 Members
5574 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Saving routing table

Ashok K Gurung
Frequent Advisor

Re: Saving routing table

yes it did disapeared before but i will try doing again tonight from home.
Ashok K Gurung
Frequent Advisor

Hi again

We just restarted our switch and it went back again but this time i went and ran command "show config" it actually shows route entry but if i do show ip route it doesn't show route entry and it stops routing to external network.

Thank you
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

That's really strange... I'd personally try resetting to factory defaults and redoing the config but from your posts the switch is in production.

Have you contacted HP support?
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

I agree with Joel. One thought that I have is that maybe the interface that connects to where the route is destined, is coming up too slow which is causing it not to be added to the routing table.

In the past I've seen issues with SNMP trap destinations and how it would determine the trap-source based on the interface that came up first. A workaround for that was to change the port and disable passive lacp to ensure the port comes up quicker.

Right now I would recommend trying an older version firmware, if the problem is still there contact HP support with all the testing you have performed so far.
Ashok K Gurung
Frequent Advisor

Thanks guys I have contacted HP

They had taken my details but they have not called me back at(called this early in the morning and its 9:30pm)

Hope fully they going to come back with some solution
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

Do you have IP routing and a default gateway enabled in your config??