1748052 Members
4950 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Setup Avaya IP403 Office and 2 remote 4620SW IP phone

Arichards74

Setup Avaya IP403 Office and 2 remote 4620SW IP phone

Hi Expert,

I am very new to the Avaya VOIP setup. I have to configure two remote Avaya 4620SW IP
phones over a VPN connection. I have setup the VPN connection and it's working because I can access resources
from the remote location. The main office has a Pix Firewall 515 and the remote home office
has a Pix 501. I also have a Avaya IP400 digital station and IP403 office.
I need step-by-step instructions on how to setup the system. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
2 REPLIES 2
abdullah.ali
Occasional Advisor

first of all you need to make sure that you have a VCM (voice compression module) installed inside your IP403 devise.

then make sure on the PIX firewalls to open (allow) the entire range of UDP ports stated inside your IPoffice for Voip communication which you can find inside the (Gatekeeper) tab inside the System in the IP Office Manager.
also you need to make sure to allow the following 2 ports as UDP and TCP (1719 and 1720)

assign a static local ip address for one of your 4602sw IP phones in one of the remote site and dont forget to put the gateway ip address of the vpn connection
(I assume that the VPN is Network-to-Network) vpn and not only PPTP)

the call server (in the phone programming procedure) is the ip address of the ip office which you should be able to ping from the remote site.

login with any ip extension no. and try to make an internal call into another digital extension in the main site.

Have fun :)

Arichards74

Thank you very much for the information. You did not mention anything about QOS on the firewall. I will need to setup QOS on both side of the firewall right? Let me know if that is correct. Thanks