108811 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Size of bridge table

SOLVED
Go to solution
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Size of bridge table

Does anyone know what it the size of a Procurve 4000m bridge table?
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
6 REPLIES 6
Mohamed Hamedi
Respected Contributor

I believe its 10,000 MAC addresses.
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Did you manage to find any documentation that made that reference? I looked and couldn't find any.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
Ardon
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

I tested ProCurve Switches 4000M for Unicast Flooding. One of the tests I conducted was to fill up the MAC Table 100% with an IXIA which is 16K or to be precieze 16,384.
This is a single forwarding database (so not per VLAN).

Thanks, Ardon

ProCurve Networking Engineer
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Ardon, you rock.

Did you do the same test on the 5300xl? ;)
Erik Ibsen_3
Advisor

I couldn't find any documentation on the 4000 either, although I know it was on the HP site not too long ago. I did find this on the 5300:

http://www.hp.com/rnd/products/switches/switch5300xlseries/specs.htm

It seems to me, going through the tables by hand that they're bigger than that. I could be mistaken however.
Ardon
Trusted Contributor

Hi,

Contradictory information here. I will contact the appropriate people to correct. Specs say 10,000, manual tells 16,000.
Actually it is 24,535 (24K) entries. The is a Multiple Forwarding Database (per VLAN).

Hope this helps.

Thanks, Ardon
ProCurve Networking Engineer