1752772 Members
4610 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Slow Network Logons

Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Slow Network Logons

This is a flat network.No Vlans configured any of the switches as shown in the network diagram.when the users logon into the networkin any of the segment, it is very slow.It takes almost 15 to 20 minites to log into the network.This slow logon problems occurs only some days in a week. I cant predict as when these slow logon are going to occur. All of sudden this problem occurs.I think there is some broad cast strom happening in the network during these times.Please help me as how to troubleshoot and rectify as where the problems arising from.I consoled to switch S9 and said sh run ,The Hyperterminal result shows there is some problem happening in the network.pls see the attached file

3 REPLIES 3
Vlan Sample Configurati
Occasional Advisor

Hi !!
Pls see the switch S9 attached Hyperterminal result

Thanks
Raj
Preston Gallwas
Valued Contributor

Broadcast storm? Do your users have laptops, and thus would be modifying the network cables (plugging in, for example)?

If so, you may think about implementing Spanning tree of some kind. Our environment requires RSTP (or the Novell Client will cease to detect a tree) - but once we did that the laptop induced network loops stopped the user-created broadcast storms :)
Walker3
Occasional Advisor

You could try running a network sniffer when its slow. It may show you whats going on.