Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software update using procurve on a 2650

A Lowson
Occasional Visitor

Software update using procurve on a 2650

Hi
I am trying to update my switches to the currect software version I have upgraded our 4000m switches ok and also the 2524 but when I try to upgrade our 2650 switches I start the scan and then get a time out error and I can go no further?
I can see the switches fine in the web interface and they ping ok any ideas?
5 REPLIES
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: Software update using procurve on a 2650

Check that the switch passes all tests when using the 'test communication parameters in PCM'.

Also, when you telnet to the 2650, if it is defaulting to the Menu, and not the CLI, it can cause this type of problem.

To fix it, go to the CLI on the switch, type 'setup' and change it from Menu to CLI.
A Lowson
Occasional Visitor

I have done that and I now have the correct menu and I have updated the switch many thanks for your help

Allan
Ronnie Hamilton_1
Frequent Advisor

Hi

I take it this is a 2650 B there is a difference in the way PCM comunicates with these devices.
You must enter the usename in the communication parameters to enable succesfull communication.

ie username = en
password = yourpassword

Ron
Nuno Jacinto
Occasional Visitor

Hi,

I have the same problem and what you suggested to do did not worked for me. My switch is a 2650B with firmware H.08.54. I'm running the latest PCM version. Can someone help me?
---------------------
--Testing Communication Parameters in PCM--
Cli Mode: Telnet
Cli Manager: Success
Cli Operator: Failed: Incorrect Credentials
SNMP version: SNMPV2
SNMP Read: Success
SNMP Write: Success
---------------------
Nuno Jacinto
Occasional Visitor

Sorry about my last post. I've clued this out. It appeared that the operator pwd was equal to the manager pwd. I deleted password protection and re-enabled the manager account.
That did it for me.