New Discussion юеВ

Spanig tree Configuration

SOLVED
Go to solution
ksvijay957
Occasional Advisor

Spanig tree Configuration

Hi
how do i configure spanning tree protocol in HP Procruve 5406ZL switch.this is my core switch.i have 29 nos of 2910al edge switch with interconnect Modules installed.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

Re: Spanig tree Configuration

Simply typing 'span' in the config prompt will enable MSTP.

After that, you should config which switch is the root bridge (should be your core) and another switch to be the backup root. Then you can configure specific paths for fallback, etc.

Get this CLI ref guide, it shows how to configure HP ProVision, HP Comware5 and Cisco switches for lots of different functions, in a side-by-side comparison, so if you know one CLI, you see how to do it in a different CLI:

http://h17007.www1.hp.com/docs/interoperability/Cisco/HP-Networking-and-Cisco-CLI-Reference-Guide_June_10_WW_Eng_ltr.pdf

There is quick info on configuring switches, specifically look at the spanning tree chapter.

hth...Jeff
ksvijay957
Occasional Advisor

Thnx for your help,can you pls give me command line for below configuration.command for Core and comand for Edge.

config which switch is the root bridge (should be your core) and another switch to be the backup root. Then you can configure specific paths for fallback, etc.
Tore Valberg
Trusted Contributor
Solution

See the attached doc

Its not an official doc, but something i made a couple of years ago.

Tore