Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spawning tree config for 2524 and 4000m

Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Spawning tree config for 2524 and 4000m

Hi.
I have to setup my network with a spawning tree. I have 6 2524 and 4 4000m. Some of them will be connecte to a giga switch(6108) for the back bone.

How do i setup de switch? Switch priority number, how can i find the good paturn. Do i have to change the cost from some port like the uplink?

Tx
Marc
2 REPLIES

Re: Spawning tree config for 2524 and 4000m

Marc,

First uses the following manuals. To spanning tree has to be said: Priority 1 should the Core switch have, the further Switche (2524, 4000 m) on Prio 2, then should be put under each other in the Spanning tree menu on "no Egde" the Uplinks of the Core and the switche.

ftp: // ftp.hp.com/Lokal/Netzbetrieb/Software/59692320, pdf
ftp: // ftp.hp.com/Lokal/Netzbetrieb/Software/59906023-1004 Verwaltung Guide.pdf
ftp: // ftp.hp.com/Lokal/Netzbetrieb/Software/59692354, pdf

The cost still can optionally to the gigabit of lines be reduced so that it is ensured that none go gigabit backup lines in "blocking mode". All this can you do in "menu mode" of the switches.
I hope this help you.

Klaus
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Re: Spawning tree config for 2524 and 4000m

Hi
Sorry but the link you gave me are not working. And i think it will be in german language.

I have found some part in the doc of the switches. It will help but I will have to do some test to be sure it will work.

tx for help
Marc