cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specs on Bridge between segments of primary and failover lan

Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Specs on Bridge between segments of primary and failover lan

As we all know, there should be a bridge configured between the primary network and failover network, in case the fail over happend, the primary lan will be switched to the fail over lan.

My question is what specification on the bridge? Any model or brand name you can specify? Can I use a regular HUB?

Thanks!
none
3 REPLIES
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

Re: Specs on Bridge between segments of primary and failover lan

Please let me know if anybody have the answer. Thanks!
none
Hanry Zhou
Super Advisor

I'm asking about the "bridge" used to connecting primary lan and failover card in Serviceguard
none
Connery
Trusted Contributor

If Servicegaurd is using two network adapters connected to two different switches/bridges, all you should need to do is make sure all Servicegaurd NIC ports from both switch/bridges are on the same broadcast domain. You can accomplish this by either directly connecting the two switches/bridges or by connecting both switch/bridges to a third bridge/switch.

If this is ethernet, then there should be anything special that's required of the bridge.

If Servicegaurd is using multiple VLANS on each NIC, then the bridge will need to support VLAN tagging (802.1q). If you have the switches/bridges redundantly connected to each other (in a loop), then the switches/bridges need to support Spanning Tree.

Regards,
-sean