1753301 Members
6957 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch 2510

Jorge  Armas
Occasional Advisor

Switch 2510

Sorry about the confusion ok i fix that about the port. Now this AP (access point) is connected to the same switch on different port with no errors logs like every 10 hours o more the AP Symbol Spectrum24 High Rate 4131 the wireless signal goes down and can't find whats wrong, you think the AP goes Bad how long they last any help thk.
9 REPLIES 9
John Gelten
Regular Advisor

So after a few hours of operation, this AP suddenly has no wireless signal anymore ?
And both the switch and the AP have no log-messages. When the wireless is down, can you still reach the AP via the wire (through the switch). Just to be sure: you actually only have a problem with your wireless network ? Or are the errors you mentioned in the other post (on the port to the PC) happening at the same time the AP goes down.

What do you haev to do to make your network operational again; reset anything or what ?

There might for example be a computer connected to both the cabled network and the wireless network, and if that computer has its interfaces in bridged mode... well...
Interesting problems will happen.
Jorge  Armas
Occasional Advisor

When the Ap is down i can't ping o can get in the Ap show destination host unreachable
i have to tunr off the ap and turn back on to reset and after that start working again but now is down again
Jorge  Armas
Occasional Advisor

How can i set up the AP to see log-message?
i have log-message just from the switch
John Gelten
Regular Advisor

I don't know anything about Symbol/Motorola devices.
When this happens, is there any traffic on the switch-interface connecting to the AP ?
And the errors on the switch-interface to the PC, could they be related to the time the AP is not working ?
Jorge  Armas
Occasional Advisor

Yes this switch have 2 more APs in different ports but those are ok is just this one and when the Ap goes down the switch still show Port connected why dont show lost link or loss connection?
John Gelten
Regular Advisor

the 'port connected' seems to imply that the AP has not completely died...
Could you check is there is actually going any traffic over that switch-port (to the AP) when the AP has been offline for at least 10 minutes ?
Running the command 'show interface #' in the CLI of the 2510 should give you some relevant output. Could you post that output; the # is the number of the interface to the AP, obviously.
;-)
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

hi Jorge please send me sh tech print
cenk

Jorge  Armas
Occasional Advisor

Sorry i just find out im not have access to the switch i dont know how my boss want me to fix this lol anyway i notice too the firware is outdated too, the way im going inside the switch is over internet i type the ip and get in.how can i go to the command line i need to connect a loaptop to the switch?advice
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

connect console connection or telnet connection to switch with terminal emulator program for example teraterm or hyper terminal

and write this command

#sh tech

capture all text and send me

cenk