1753587 Members
6388 Online
108796 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Switch Engine response reset event messages on PCM

Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

Switch Engine response reset event messages on PCM

For a few of the switches in our network I have received some minor events such as:

"AddrMgr: Switch Engine response reset #1. INFO=765 HDR=1fe1c"

or

"AddrMgr: Switch Engine bus-hold reset #29. INFO=2e5 HDR=1421"

I cant see any evidence of these errors in the switch event logs themselves. And I can't find anything related to these type of errors in any documentation.

Does anyone have any ideas what has caused these errors?

Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3
Ed Davis_2
Occasional Advisor

Re: Switch Engine response reset event messages on PCM

Hi,
We have recieved a couple of these too and the only thing I see in common at our site is the switches involved were 2424's only and at the time our PCM+ was doing a device config scan. I'm just reporting what I seen, not saying this is an answer.
Ed Davis
If I was doing any better, I'd be puking blood!
Neil_77
Frequent Advisor

Hi Ed,

ok, thanks for the info.

On our network these events were reported for 4000 and 8000M switches.

Doesn't look like its anything to be too concerned about, I guess, but it would be good to know for definite the cause, all the same!

Neil
Ed Davis_2
Occasional Advisor

Okay, well then the 4000 and 8000 use the same firmware as the 2424's. We have here over 400 HP switches with a mix of 4000, 2424 and mostly 2524's along with a few 5308's and 9308's. Not seeing it on these others yet. I also changed the default setting for the device config scan's (was doing once a day at the same time to all interconnected devices) to just our routing switches and not the closet switches as most of those here have the basic same settings. I scanned them once for safe keeping, but we rarely change them.
Ed
If I was doing any better, I'd be puking blood!