5686 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Switch Procurve 4108 gl is freeze

SOLVED
Go to solution
Leonardo Ledon_1

Switch Procurve 4108 gl is freeze

I have a 4108 gl Procurve Switch. I was trying to update the firmware with the newest version (G.07.21), Due it had a led blinking refer to the slott where the Mini GBIC module was. I try to remove it but the led was turned on still.
When I was flashing the firmware to switch Suddenly all leds were turned on and They NO returned to the normal status (Turn on only the active ports).
The switch does not response to any connection (LAN, TFTP, Xmodem).Is there any idea regarding what can I do to get back thin switch to the normality?
5 REPLIES 5
Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor
Solution

Hi.

I'd try first to reset the switch to factory default settings:

1. Press Reset and Clear together
2. Release Reset
3. When Self Test blinks, release clear.

Then try to connect with XModem again.

HTH,
Arimo
Leonardo Ledon_1

Hello Arimo.

Thanks for your answer.
I have attempt with the sequence that you recommended but the switch is still frozen with all leds turn on. And there is no signal received from/to switch.

Any other recommendation?

Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

If you are unable to get the switch to respond when directly connected even after turning the power off for 30 seconds then back on the flash has been corrupted. It does not appear that the flash is easily swapped out so I expect you will need to send it back for repair.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to remove all modules just to make sure there was nothing loading down the power supply or bus but it looks like bad flash to me.

Ron
Arimo Laine_2
Valued Contributor

Hi.

I'd say follow Ron's advise and remove all modules from the switch. See what happens.

If it passes the self test now, start putting modules back one by one and see where it fails. When you find the failing module, test it also in another slot.

If you can get the switch working w/o modules, I'd advise to re-flash the FW via Boot ROM. You can access it by:

1. Press Reset and Clear together
2. Release Reset
3. When Self Test is SOLID ON, release clear.

Type help for possible commands. You can also try to boot the switch using the secondary ROM, to do this you give command jp 2 in the boot ROM.

If the switch fails self test w/o modules and FD reset doesn't work either, call support center.

HTH,
Arimo
Leonardo Ledon_1

Hello All.

I relly appreciate your help with this issue.

I have already the swtich running again.

The solution was:

1. Run HyperTerminal and configure to connect to switch with low speed: 9600 bps and flow control: none.

2. Connect a serial cable between pc and switch

3. Before several attempts to connect, when It was already connected, We use command "do" to download firmware using xmodem transfer protocol. We try with all firmware version available, finally it works with the oldest.

4. reset switch

5. Charge de New Firware.

Many Thank for your time and interest.