Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Syslogging on 9300..

Jonathan Axford
Trusted Contributor

Syslogging on 9300..

Hi Guys,

I noticed a post about trouble with the syslog and PCM on the 5400 series, I am having similar trouble with my 9300 switches.

The rest of the devices in my network all send there syslog events to the PCM server, this includes 2500,2600,2800,4100,5300.

The commands i have issued are :

logging host 10.3.254.59

I also tried to use

no logging buffered informational

to try and cut down on the amount of messages i was receiving.

The PCM server does not pick up any info from the 9300, do i need to configure the syslog facility commands?

I am at a loss here.... :-)

Where there is a will there is a way...
1 REPLY
Jason Luckett
Frequent Advisor

Re: Syslogging on 9300..

Hi Jonathon,

Have you tried using a tird party SYSLOG server as a work around, so at least you are getting your logs.

There is a great little utility that I use for everything it is TFTPD32.exe, you can use it for the following:

TFTP server
TFTP client
SYSLOG server
SNTP server
DHCP server

I know this is not a fix for PCM but it is a work around.

I hope this helps,

Jase