cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TopTools wont uninstall

Michael McCormack_1
Occasional Contributor

TopTools wont uninstall

I tried to install toptools a couple years ago when I bought the switch and it blue-screened the server I put it on. I didn't try again since al lthe config i needed to do I could do from the web UI.
I recently had to sniff the netwok ot find a bad nic and since then the switch is sporadically keeping users from connecting to the network.
I figured I would update the firmware but I need toptools to do that. I can't uninstall the old version (keeps hanging at removing the virtual directories) so I tried to install over the top of the old one using the wizard. The wizard tells me I don't have an internet connection. Obviously I do but my only option now is to dl the three HUGE files and try that method.
I am halfway through the second file but what else should I be aware of with the scenario i gave. How can IN remove the old one manualy since the uninstall won't do the job?
BTW i have updated the servers to win2k since the original installation so that no doubt will add a layer of complexity.
help?
2 REPLIES

Re: TopTools wont uninstall

Hi - this may hopefully help. If you want to trick the system into thinking HPTT is no longer on there you could delete the following registry setting: (back it up first just in case.)...The GUID goes like this:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{D9A43798-A05E-11D4-B4A1-00108302FB54}

This will at least take it out of your Add\Rem programs and should make installation easier.

Good luck.
Network saturation J2524
Michael McCormack_1
Occasional Contributor

Re: TopTools wont uninstall

Thanks, I now have the new version installed but most of the images that matter are image placeholders. Is there a java issue I now need to be aware of? i.e. I can select the image link ion the main page that says configure (as I recall) and the screen changes but the part I need to see, doesn't show.