Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transceiver Issue - Not picking up 1Gb Connection

Kristopher
Occasional Contributor

Transceiver Issue - Not picking up 1Gb Connection

I have a Procuve 2524 switch with 2 1Gb RJ45 100/1000 T-Trancievers installed.

One tranciever i connected right away to a 1Gb LAN card on my server and it connected at 1Gb.

The other tranciever I had connected to a 100Mb LAN Card on another server. I've recently installed a Gb Card into this server but the connection still comes up at 100Mb and will not see a 1G connection.

Do I have to reboot the switch in order for the tranceiver to be restarted and acknowledge the 1Gb connection?

I suppose the issue could be wiring but i've change the wiring a few times trying to get as few jumps as possible

Any ideas anyone?

The lan card installed is an Intel 82544GC Card with the latest Ver 9 drivers/proset.
1 REPLY
Victor_68
Advisor

Re: Transceiver Issue - Not picking up 1Gb Connection

Hi,

Have you tried to set the speed static on that port ?

That might work.

Cheers
Victor