1753501 Members
4563 Online
108794 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Transmit Errors Queue Length value

Darren Quigley
Advisor

Transmit Errors Queue Length value

I was checking the Interface Information of the NC3134 on a DL360 using the web based System Management software an noticed the following under the Transmit Statistics:
Queue Length: 4294967094. All of the other servers have a queue length value of zero. I've replaced the NIC, set to auto negotiate on both ends and the value always stays this high. Any ideas? Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Gary Connolly_1
Advisor

I am getting the same problem, I was talking to someone from HP and they said to set my card to 100 full duplex rather than auto, I have done this but the queue stats have returned.
Alain Deslex
Occasional Advisor

Hi,
Any news about this problem ?
I have it too
Darren Quigley
Advisor

We started checking the Cisco switch for error messages. The port did show 122 alignment errors. The switch port is forced to 100/FULL and the servers nic is forced to 100/FULL. We changed the switch port to auto negotiate. The switch showed the nic join at 100/HALF. I set the server to auto negotiate and the switch showed it join this time as 100/FULL. I checked the queue length and it was zero. Compaq/HP also had a suggestion. In the property of the NIC card, under the Advanced Setting of the NIC, the Number of Receive Descriptors is currently set to 48. Compaq/HP wants this setting at 256. I made this change as well. The queue length has stayed at zero now.
Alain Deslex
Occasional Advisor

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your help. It seems to work on one of our servers. We will tests on the other ones.

Alain