Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1753338 Members
5245 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Trouble discovering devices using ProCurve manager Plus

ez2slip

Trouble discovering devices using ProCurve manager Plus

I recently installed ProCurve Manger Plus. I have 2 ProCurve 2650's and a ProCurve 2626. Previously I used TopTools and that software discovered the 3 switches and all the nodes connected to them (about 50). PCM Plus discoveres the switches, about 8 nodes, identifies another 10 as Unknown and the rest aren't discovered at all. I used the SNMP defaults for Community names.

Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: Trouble discovering devices using ProCurve manager Plus

Hi

My suggestion is to open a Command prompt on the PCM+ server, and ping any one of these devices that aren't discovered, and if you are able to get reply from any of them, then it should at least appear in the PCM+ devices and Map.

After that you can check the communication parameters like Community Names and IP and login username and passwords.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

It's jogging the memory banks a bit but I believe that TopTools could also discover with WMI information which PCM cannot. So in this instance I'd say this is normal.
Joel Belizario
Trusted Contributor

I concur with Matt, from my usage of PCM+ it appears the software was designed to work with ProCurve switches and not much else.

There is an option to add user-defined devices but it's not very intuitive at all...

That said the software is brilliant at managing ProCurve switches.