Switches, Hubs, and Modems
1751847 Members
5106 Online
108782 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Unable ping laptop from the Access Point

sadaaq

Unable ping laptop from the Access Point

I have wireless network with HP ProCurve Acess Point 530. There is no authentication configured (unsecured) on AP. The client(Laptop)is able to associate with the AP and is being reflected in the AP (command- show stations). I'm able to ping the AP from laptop but unable to do the other way i.e AP to laptop. My AP has IP address-172.16.100.156/24 Laptop-172.16.100.157/24.

I'm able to ping either ways with the factory default IP configuration i.e AP-192.168.1.10/24 and Laptop-192.168.1.11

Why AP is not able ping client when IP is changed from factory-default config.

Please help me find the answer.
4 REPLIES 4
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Re: Unable ping laptop from the Access Point

Hi

Check default gateway settings, and be sure that the windows firewall is disabled.

Again check the DHCP settings, and if you don't have a DHCP then just assign an IP for the laptop 172.16.100.157/24 and try with - without gateway.

Good Luck !!!
Science for Everyone
Jorge Pinto Leite
Respected Contributor

His AP in factory-default an DHCP-server, or do you configure a static IP on laptop?

Do you have any Internet Security software that might be blocking class B IP's?
Mohieddin Kharnoub
Honored Contributor

Hi

Jorge, the ProCurve 530 doesn't have DHCP server, and 172.16.100.156/24 is a classless IP.

Anyway the 530 can be a DHCP client and optain an IP from external DHCP server.

Science for Everyone
sadaaq

I tried with/without default gateway. But nothing seems working. Windows firewall is disabled. I dont think firewall(if enabled) should behave differently to the IP 172.16.100.0/24 subnet. I tried even classful class-B IPs but no use.