New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to access officeconnect cloud portal

SOLVED
Go to solution
Luca
Frequent Advisor

Unable to access officeconnect cloud portal

Hi all,

I am unable to access the officeconnect portal (https://proxy-officeconnect.ext.hpe.com/portal/#/login) - I enter my credentials but after successful authentication I get thrown out back to the login page. The credentials are valid. I also tried to reset my password but strangely I get an error when inserting the new password saying that there is no such account found or that the link has expired. The same happens when launching the app on my phone, it just defaults to trying to detect a new device and doesn't connect to my sites. At this point I am unable to manage any of my devices and am locked out. It is as if something has happened to my account - it's there as I authenticate (if I enter a wrong password it says so) but something goes wrong in the process after. I am able to authenticate using the direct IP of the device(s) but this just allows to download tech support information or reset all devices and not manage them. Anyone have a clue of what's going on?

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8
saifnouri
Occasional Advisor

Re: Unable to access to officeconnect cloud portal

yeah am the same, even the phone app throws me out. it definitely recognises my credentials, because it complains if i type the wrong password, so it it recognising me when i use the correct login details, but throws me straight out. 

HPE Solutions Architect - BPSA
Luca
Frequent Advisor

Yes exactly the same behavior as with me. It's been a week since I noticed this and I don't know who to talk to for the site support. I opened a case using one of the serials and will have the ticket escalated as I don't know what else to do. This is one of the problems with "cloud only enabled" devices: there should *always* be a way of configuring the device offline directly.

RizS
HPE Pro

We apologize for the inconvenience, and are working on resolving this issue, soon.

For assistance, you may contact HPE OfficeConnect Support by visiting https://www.hpe.com/OfficeConnect/Support.

I work for HPE
Garth2079
Visitor

This is completely inadequate.

Your reply was posted an hour ago. I logged a ticket with HPE 12 hours ago, with detailed steps, screenshots, confirmation that I tried from multiple devices and browsers as well as the android app. I have sent you network traces showing the 403 error returned by your portal, confirming the problem lies with your web server or proxy server.

I discovered this 2 days ago, but it wasn't an urgent issue so I didn't investigate at the time.

Considering you have advised me that this is a global outage, and it has been ongoing for at least 2 days, surely a banner on the portal login page is the absolute minimum you should be doing to advise users?

I have wasted about 2 hours troubleshooting this, and then raising a ticket with HPE, and then chasing them for the promised return phone call. For a business service, this is simply not good enough. If one of my clients asks me to reconfigure their access point, my answer must be that I can't, and I don't know when I'll be able to.

Luca
Frequent Advisor

***Update from hp

This is the reply I just got from hp after opening a ticket using any OC-20 serial:

Regarding the issue with OC20 Access point, there is proxy server issue from our end. 

The Access point would be working. However, OfficeConnect OC20 Access Point 

1. Will not be able to access or configure their sites in the OfficeConnect Wi-Fi Portal Mobile App even when the mobile device is connected to the local OC20 WLAN network
  2. Cannot add or remove OC20 Access Points to/from existing sites
  3. Cannot create new OfficeConnect sites.

As when the issue is resolved, we would keep you update. 

Well apparently at the moment OC-20 owners are not able to install, manage nor reconfigure any such device (!). Granted that these aren't the newest Aruba "instant on" series, they are still under warranty and supported. It makes you wonder how this series is really considered (it's been over 72 hours since this service is unavailable) and the weakness of "cloud only managed" devices: there ought to be *always* a way of managing locally any device without the need of "cloud" services. Will it be web, cli or even direct serial/console this *must* be considered as an alternative. The OC-20 has this possibility though it has been masked. I would suggest hp to enable this through a future update by enabling and exposing the ssh service or giving the user a tool to enable this such as the certificate update tool in case an offline (re)configuring is necessary. The changes can then be synched to the cloud when it is back online.

RizS
HPE Pro
Solution

Please note that this issue is resolved.

We appreciate your patience and feedback. Our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Should you need further assistance, please contact OfficeConnect Support https://www.hpe.com/OfficeConnect/Support.

I work for HPE
Garth2079
Visitor

@RizS if you are an HPE employee, please ensure your ID is set to confirm this.

Your ID was created purely to reply to this thread. In fact, it was created just after my complaint via my support ticket that HPE had not acknowledged or advised of this portal outage. Your ID was then created, your reply posted, then the HPE support rep replied with a link to this thread as evidence that HPE had acknowledged it.

Luca
Frequent Advisor

I can confrim the service is back online.

I sincerely hope hp will consider giving ITs the possibility of locally managing these "cloud enabled" devices in case of lack of connectivity and service disruption through a future update.