1753875 Members
7607 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to connect to ProCurve via web browser interface

Gary Cooper_1
Esteemed Contributor

Unable to connect to ProCurve via web browser interface

I have just swapped one of my production ProCurve 4000Ms for a spare. Now, when I try to connect to the new (spare) Procurve, I get:

Invalid password or improper access permissions for given web manager

I can still connect to my other ProCurve from both my PC and the NM station. I have added the IP address of my PC as a manager to the new ProCurve and also checked that web access is enabled in the switch configuration.

BTW, I've reset the manager password, so I know that what I'm typing in is correct.

I haven't rebooted the switch though since changing the config.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Gary Cooper
6 REPLIES 6
Jorge Pons
Trusted Contributor

HI

Revise the firmware version and update if it is possible.
Marc Villeneuve_1
Regular Advisor

Hi.

Like Gary said, every time you got trouble with a device, try to get last firmware.

If you are using proxy in your web brouser, disable it and loof if its working.

Marc
Damon Gray

I recently have had the same issue. The firmware on both of our 2524 switcher are not really up to date, however I rebooted one of our switches after changing some settings via the cli. Ever since the reboot I have been unable to connect to it via the web manager. Will all the settings need to be re-entered after the firmware is updated? Also, switch#2 does not have a serial connection, only connection is through an uplink port to switch #1. Will the update of the firmware allow me to telnet back into switch#2 to review the changes?
Ardon
Trusted Contributor

Hi Gary,

Most likely the new 4000M is part of a Virtual IP Stack and therefore takes over the username and paswword as set on the Commander Switch. Just Console in over the Seriel. In the Main Menu===>8 Stacking.
If you see the Commander (of which the Username/Password does work) try to access the new 4000M with these credentials.

Unless somebody configured the spare before:-)

Regards, Ardon
ProCurve Networking Engineer
Gary Cooper_1
Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the replies guys.

The switch that I was having problems with was a spare that was being used temporarily. The original one has now been swapped back in and so the problem has gone away for the forseeable future (at least until I want to use the spare again).

It's unlikely that I'll get chance to try any of this out for several months now, but thanks for the responses - I've logged them and rest assured, I will try what you suggest. You never know, I may even post the results here!

Thanks again,

Gary
Damon Gray

Well I recently started my position at this job and the network is seems pretty stable. I have noticed that when telneting into the 2 switches that both switches are set to candidate and auto join is set to yes. Anyhow, all the passwords in the cli (manager and operator) are set to the same password. If updating the firmware will solve the problem then I don't mind doing so. I just don't want the settings to get dumped to where I will have to scramble to get them re-entered properly. Any suggestions?