1753705 Members
4970 Online
108799 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to download software index file

Jason Scott
Regular Advisor

Unable to download software index file

Since about 2 weeks ago our PCM 2.1+ server has stopped obtaining software updates from the web. The logs are showing the error "Unable to download software index file from HP".

I've checked the server, tried proxy and no proxy. I've also run a debug on our main Cisco ASA firewall and when I force a software update I am not seeing any type of hit on the firewall from the server (neither denied or allowed).

It would seem the server isn't even attempting the connection. Does anyone have ideas for what else I can check?
3 REPLIES 3
Daniel Leblanc
Honored Contributor

TIP on getting help in HP Forum:APPLY YOU'RE POINTS PER THREAD YOU HAVE OVER 72 messages applied 4 out of that.

WHY SHOULD YOU DO THIS?
There are 3 reasons why we feel rating replies is such an important feature:

1.) Others have taken time to help you, so please give them credit for their help.
2.) Your rating will help your peers earn points toward their Forums status, and you will validate the quality of the solution you've received.
3.) Other readers will understand which answer best solved a problem, enriching the community knowledge being shared.

And if you do not know where to apply this in every tread there messages,every messages you have to give points,there situated next to every date and time of the messages has UNASSIGNED.

http://forums12.itrc.hp.com/service/forums/pageList.do?userId=BR809718&listType=question&forumId=1

From there you get the answer faster

Dan
Jason Scott
Regular Advisor

Fair enough.
Mark Toomey

Sorry to put this in a reply, but I'm getting the same error and I saw only the slap on the wrist you got, but with no answer to your question. :)

Can you tell me what you found out about this??

Thanks very much!