New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unable to update software on ProCurve Switches

SOLVED
Go to solution
Pierre M. Camilleri
Frequent Advisor

Unable to update software on ProCurve Switches

Hi all!

I thought of posting this here in the hope that someone might help me solve this weird problem. We use HP ProCurve Manager 2.1 Plus over here in order to manage our HP switches.
I've been trying without success to update the software of our switches using PCM Plus. Since our server does not have direct internet access I followed what was in the HP FAQ as per below:

Q: If the management server does not have Internet access, how can I perform a firmware update on a device?
Simply place the SWI file in the \PCM/server/data/download directory.

Note: you will need to restart the Management Server Services within the Windows Control Panel for PCM to detect the new file.

The above did not work for me. Has anyone encountered this problem before? Your help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!
Pierre

4 REPLIES 4
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Download this file:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/networking/software/procurve_firmware.prp

Put it in the same directory as the firmware. With the firmware make sure you extract it so you see the .swi file.

If it doesn't work straight away restart the services as it suggests.

Please assign points if this was helpful.
Pierre M. Camilleri
Frequent Advisor

Hi Matt

Thanks for your post. I copied over the procurve_firmware.prp file to the specified location but still no luck. I've restarted the services and still no luck either.

Pierre
Pierre M. Camilleri
Frequent Advisor

And also when I run the Software Update Wizard I am now getting the following error:

Unable to load software properties file: read error

Pierre
Pierre M. Camilleri
Frequent Advisor

Problem solved. There was something wrong with the pnp file. I downloaded it again and now all is okay. Thanks for your help!

Pierre