1748084 Members
5217 Online
108758 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: Unsupported Mini Gbic

San Jose

Unsupported Mini Gbic

Hi,
I have 5406zl (Version 14.47) with 24 Minigbic modul (J8076A)and 1000Base T Mini-GBIC (J8177C). The swictch tells me that this is Unsupported Transceiver. In same modul i have Gigabit-SX-LC Mini-GBIC (J4858C) and it works fine. Documentation clearly points that this should work.

I appreciate some help if possible.
Thanks in advance.

6 REPLIES 6
Patrick Terlisten
Honored Contributor

Hello,

the SFP is supported, your firmware is suitable for this SFP. Try to log a call and let HP replace the SFP.

Can you post the output of the command:

show tech transceivers

Regards,
Patrick
Best regards,
Patrick
Shadow13
Respected Contributor

Just for clarification can you check this Mini-GBIC on another switch and see if it will be detected and will be supported.
San Jose

Hi,
I attached output for sh tech transceivers.
Switch complaints that it is Not a ProCurve Transceiver. I will try to upgrade to latest K14.60 software. If that dosn`t help i will call HP.
Thanks for quick replay.

Best Regards
Jeff Carrell
Honored Contributor

I don't know if this may be related or not, but if using this m-gbic in a 20+4 module, it will only work in the lower row -or- upper row, but not both at the same time. See this link: http://h10144.www1.hp.com/products/accessories/J8177B/accessory.htm

Maybe try removing all of these in one of the rows and see what gets reported???? maybe worth a try.

(I realize youare not using this module in the note, but I thought it worth mentioning)

hth...Jeff
San Jose

Hi,
Tried to put in one raw and no help.
Thanks everybody for help.

Shadow13
Respected Contributor

I can see you have multiple trans. of the same kind that are showing not supported, in this case you might have non-genuine trans.
please double check