1752800 Members
5477 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion

Updating Remote Access USB key after firmware update on G3 KVM switch

suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Updating Remote Access USB key after firmware update on G3 KVM switch

I have an HP 0x1x8 G3 KVM console switch (AF651A) at one of my remote offices.  The thing became unusable in February 2019 after a Java viewer certificate in the firmware expired.  I updated to a newer version of the switch firmware (1.30.2) yesterday; the switch firmware update completed without incident.  However, the switch has a USB key that had to be purchased at (significant) extra cost to make the console switch usable remotely; HP calls it a “remote access kit”.  HOwever, the switch still isn't usable because of an incompatibility with that "remote access kit".  The release notes for the firmware update that I applied on the switch state that the update to firmware version 1.30.1 or higher “requires HPE G3 plug-in version 1.30.0 if the appliance is to be enrolled in Avocent DSView management software”.  I haven’t been able to find any information about updating/upgrading the version of that remote access key and am hoping that someone on the forum has encountered the same issue.  Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!