cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating Remote Access USB key after firmware update on G3 KVM switch

suzan maxey
Frequent Advisor

Updating Remote Access USB key after firmware update on G3 KVM switch

I have an HP 0x1x8 G3 KVM console switch (AF651A) at one of my remote offices.  The thing became unusable in February 2019 after a Java viewer certificate in the firmware expired.  I updated to a newer version of the switch firmware (1.30.2) yesterday; the switch firmware update completed without incident.  However, the switch has a USB key that had to be purchased at (significant) extra cost to make the console switch usable remotely; HP calls it a “remote access kit”.  HOwever, the switch still isn't usable because of an incompatibility with that "remote access kit".  The release notes for the firmware update that I applied on the switch state that the update to firmware version 1.30.1 or higher “requires HPE G3 plug-in version 1.30.0 if the appliance is to be enrolled in Avocent DSView management software”.  I haven’t been able to find any information about updating/upgrading the version of that remote access key and am hoping that someone on the forum has encountered the same issue.  Thanks in advance for any insight you can provide!