5832 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VERY VERY URGENT : How To Merg Bandwidth by using Teaming

wasim081
Occasional Advisor

VERY VERY URGENT : How To Merg Bandwidth by using Teaming

Hi To ALL

I have two connection for DSL with same dns but gate way is differnce dute to adsl router configuratio

Now i want merge them by using Teaming

Ineface 1 Configuratio
ip= 192.168.1.2
gateway 192.168.1.1
DNS 202.142.160.2

Ineface 2 Configuration
ip= 125.209.70.5
gateway 125.209.70.1
DNS 202.142.160.2
Lan Configration
ip 192.168.0.1
gateway
DNS 202.142.160.2

Can any body tell me how to configure The new created Teamed Connection so taht i am able merg the both bandwidth in a single
9 REPLIES 9
David B. P.
Advisor

You can't do it with teaming (LACP). You will need a router to do it. If you don't want to buy an appliance you can do it with a linux box or pfsense (bsd based live cd):

http://www.pfsense.com/index.php?id=36
http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html
wasim081
Occasional Advisor

thanks for reply but dear i want to do in windows 2003 server can u explain how can i do it thnanks for help and how can i use teaming
David B. P.
Advisor

Maybe with Kerio Winroute or some other similar software.

With teaming you can add your level 2 traffic but not level 3 traffic. I don't know which hardware do you have but if you are using HP NICs try with the HP software. If you have your LACP configuration with default settings it should work once activated in the OS.
wasim081
Occasional Advisor

i have ml570 g1 server with comap 3121 3123 nic cards and i have configure the teamign by using the hp teaming in Tansmist Load balacing with mac adress and new conenction with name team is visble in the nework connection window . Now what i need to do to merg the bandwidth
rick jones
Honored Contributor

Unless the DSL is from the same provider you may have trouble getting traffic shared across the two of them. ISP #1 is unlikely to route traffic for the IP assigned to you by ISP #2.
there is no rest for the wicked yet the virtuous have no pillows
wasim081
Occasional Advisor

yes i have the internet connection from the same dsl provider now tell me plz how to configure and use the teaming
David B. P.
Advisor

You can't do it with teaming. As I told you before if you want to merge DSL bandwidth you will need to purchase and appliance to do it or use Kerio winroute if you are running windows.

I did this a few months ago with 'pfsense' with great results.
wasim081
Occasional Advisor

Hi Thnks david For Reply

IS SQUID Supoort the multipule wan inerfaces or can i do it in redhat linux 9 or redhat enerprise 3.0 advance server bz i dnt want to use pfsense bz i have large network with differnet user requiremetn thanks

this link tell how it can work
http://www.lartc.org/howto/lartc.rpdb.multiple-links.html

David B. P.
Advisor

Yes, the link you posted is OK, I have used it in a rhel3 a few times with good results.