4748 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLAN Mirroring?

DPower
Occasional Advisor

VLAN Mirroring?

Running 3 HP 5406zl switches.

I have a user that wants a few ports on each switch to be set to the same vlan, ie vlan300. Is it possible to mirror a vlan across 3 switches? Can someone point me in the right direction?

I've set up vlans on these switches before, but only one unique vlan per switch. So I'm just a little confused on mirroring a vlan across multiple switches, such as, what is the default gateway? I assume this is possible since they use this technique with IP phones I think?

Thanks!
2 REPLIES 2
Javed Padinhakara
Respected Contributor

Re: VLAN Mirroring?

I guess you can leverage the GVRP feature available on 5400 series.
GVRP will allow one to have VLANID consistency across the network, in the devices which support and have GVRP enabled.

Check the relevant details @ http://cdn.procurve.com/training/Manuals/3500-5400-6200-8200-ATG-Jan08-3-GVRP.pdf

HTH
Javed
Ryan_G
Frequent Advisor

Re: VLAN Mirroring?

If all you want to do is have the same vlan i.e., vlan300 on all 3 switches (and i assume they are all connect switched). Just simply from cli

type vlan 300
vlan 300 untag a24 (or whatever the port is).

Now tag the ports which connect the switched. I.e., port 1 is the link between switch 1 and 2. on both switches do this.

vlan 300 tag a1

thats it. the vlans are created and a port associated and a uplink is tagged to allow traffic to them.