5196 Online
108757 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLAN Problem - 2650 + 4108

Alen Ahja
Frequent Advisor

VLAN Problem - 2650 + 4108

Hi Everbody,

we have in our LAN 5 x 2650 and 1 x 4108 as Routing Switch. We defined 5 VLANs on it. Now we try to move our printers to one of it.

We have with 2 Printers problems, 8 are running ok, but we don't know why the two have a problem in the VLAN.

We checked there IP-Configuration which are ok. The Ports are Untagged. But if we send a PING the two Printers will only reply one Answer abd then nothing.

We can ping the Printer from the Routing Switch, there are no Problems but we can't PING them from the Printserver, so the Users can't print on them.

Can anybody help us?

Kind Regards

Alen Ahja
6 REPLIES 6
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Re: VLAN Problem - 2650 + 4108

I assume the printer server is able to ping other addresses on the printer LANs? I suspect you have duplicate IP addresses. Try disconnecting the printers and see if the Ping starts working again. If it does you have proved that there is a squatter on the LAN with the same IP address. Either find the squatter or change the IP of the printer to a known unused IP.

Ron
Alen Ahja
Frequent Advisor

Yes, the print server can ping into this LAN. He can also send print job to the other 8 printers which are running without any problems in this LAN.

Duplicate IP addresses couldn't be because the printers get a new one when they was moved into the VLAN.

I tested it, and we haven't got duplicated IP addresses.

Regards

Alen
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Any chance of a static ARP entry left in its old location?

Ron
Les Ligetfalvy
Esteemed Contributor

I would try the usual things like flushing the ARP cache, and check that the printer has the correct mask and gateway. If you change the printer's IP as a test, do you get different results?
Alen Ahja
Frequent Advisor

Hi everbody,

problem is solved.
The Problem was the Firmware Status form the Printer NIC. We updated it to the newest releas and now it works.

Thanx for help.

Kind Regards

Alen Ahja
Alen Ahja
Frequent Advisor

Hi everbody,

problem is solved.
The Problem was the Firmware Status form the Printer NIC. We updated it to the newest releas and now it works.

Thanx for help.

Kind Regards

Alen Ahja