1753400 Members
7267 Online
108792 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN Routing on 4108gl switch

Wiitigo

VLAN Routing on 4108gl switch

Hello,
I have enabled ip routing on the switch. I have set up a static route to the gateway to the internet. I have pointed my clients to use the switch IP as their gateway. The clients on the primary vlan can access the internet and other vlans. Clients on other vlans with thier gateway set as the switch IP for their vlan can ping the switch IPs across all vlans, but can not access any other hosts in those vlans or the internet. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Grant
3 REPLIES 3
Wiitigo

Update,
Very strange. Upon testing I am able to ping my other vlan from my primary vlan. On the other vlan I can then ping back to whatever device just pinged from the primary vlan. Tested: was not able to ping a server. Then had the server ping to the second vlan. After a successful ping from the server. I was then able to ping the server from a device on the second vlan.

Grant
Wiitigo

Update,
I don't know if this was the 100% cause of the problem, but it seemed to take care of it. On the firewall/gateway I setup static routes to the other vlans using the switch as the gateway. I was then able to ping the gateway device. After setting some NAT rules I was then able to get out past the gateway device onto the internet from a secondary vlan.

Grant
Wiitigo

Problem Resolved.