4980 Online
108788 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN and Spanning Tree configuration help

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

VLAN and Spanning Tree configuration help

Hi,

Im new to HP switches and want to setup VLAN at first then Spanning tree later. Got this mixture of switches in our network. 2810, 2824, 2524 and we recently bought 4 new 2610-PWR and 2 4204vl. Am planning to do inter vlan routing using Cisco 2851. Have read through some documents on VLAN and Spanning tree. Do I have to create each VLAN on each switch ?
3 REPLIES 3
cenk sasmaztin
Honored Contributor

yes Usaia
you must be create each vlan on each switch

also not need routing device for routing between vlan's 4204 and switch same time runing router

if 4204 switch job network core
with enable ip routing commad crate routing between vlan's

for spanning tree
if use multiple vlan on network you can create mst spanning tree methot
cenk

Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Thank you for your reply. At the moment we have 3 remote sites connected to us via dedicated lease circuit and terminated on a Cisco router which at the moment is on the default VLAN. Which VLAN will I connect it up or should I tagg the port where the router will be connected ?

I want to have at least 4 VLAN (including the default VLAN) to start off with. Am attaching herewith my network diagram if you want to have a look. The diagram depicts the current fiber/physical connection, the propose physical connection(where spanning tree comes in) and my propose VLAN setup.
Usaia Tawakevou
Valued Contributor

Thanks for all you help. I manage to implement VLAN and inter VLAN routing with the 4204vl doing my core routing and vlan routing for now.

Thanks