5638 Online
108795 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLAN on wireless420

Ryan1979
Advisor

VLAN on wireless420

Anyone ever setup 420 AP's using VLANs?

I have a vlan (vlan 1) for default management devices. The Ap's are on vlan 1 for management, but i want the clients to go on vlan 40 and get a subnet 40 IP address etc.

The consoles are ver ydifferent to a switch and the only place I can see something like this is on VLAN ID on the SSID's. When i change this i still get a vlan 1 ip address.

Any ideas?
3 REPLIES 3
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor

Re: VLAN on wireless420

You need to enable VLAN support on the 420 first. You can either enable Static or Dynamic VLAN support. Go to Management > Administration.
Ryan1979
Advisor

I have enabled VLAN Management. And I assume I put it on vlan 1 (my management vlan).

I have then gone into the SSId and changed that vlan to vlan40, which I assume is correct as that is the vlan i want my clients to connect to. I have untagged my management vlan, and tagged the SSID 1 vlan.

If i connect to switch and test vlan 40 it works fine. If i use a static addres son a wireless client it does not ping anything.

Anything I am missing? Seemed like an easy concept.

Thanks in advance.
Ryan1979
Advisor

I had to Also create the 'wireless' vlan on the switch the wireless was plugging into, tag that port also to get the messages transferring across.