1751927 Members
5211 Online
108783 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: VLAN question on two 2810G-24

maknotek
Occasional Advisor

There shouldn't be any multicast devices on the network but I will certainly turn IGMP snooping on when I'm onsite tomorrow.
Marco Albertini
Advisor

hi maknotek,
you wrote:

--------------------------------------
"On both switches, I have 1 uplink from each ESX server for local traffic (...). They are bonded within VMware so the idea is that either switch can carry the load if the other fails"

"I also have 1 uplink to each switch from each server for the storage network"
--------------------------------------

How is Load-balancing-policy configured on ESX vswitch (there are many options: failover/route based on ip hash / etc.) ?

Are you using the "distributed vswitch" feature ?

regards
maknotek
Occasional Advisor

Marco,

Are you using the "distributed vswitch" feature ?

We are not using a distributed vswitch. On each ESX server we have 2 uplinks for each storage vswitch. They have load balancing set to use the virtual switch port ID and are set to beacon probing for failure detection. The other options are unchecked on each storage vswitch.

Any recommendations?
maknotek
Occasional Advisor

Mohammed,

I configured igmp on VLAN100 but the issues are still occurring. I also replaced the other switch so we essentially have two brand new 2810s.

I'm wondering if it isn't an issue w/ VMware or one of the NetApp links at this point. I have a few identical setups to this that are working without any issues.
Mohammed Faiz
Honored Contributor

It does very much point to an issue on the server/appliance side at the moment.
The final test would be to have a network capture (not necessarily capturing full packets, just header information to start with) running on a mirrored port to determine what exactly is occuring on the network at the times when a failure is reported.