Email Subscription Notifications Suspended Temporarily
We are in the process of making navigation in the Servers and Operating Systems forums simpler and more direct. While doing this, we have to temporarily suspend email notifications for subscriptions. If you are subscribed to one or more discussion boards or blogs in the community, please check them daily to see new content. Notifications will be turned back on in a few days. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks, Warren_Admin
Switches, Hubs, and Modems
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VLANs and Teamed NICs

SOLVED
Go to solution
jsu
Advisor

VLANs and Teamed NICs

I have a DL380G4 with two internal NC373i NICs that I have teamed using the HP Network Configuration Utility.

I have a Procurve 2848 switch with a couple of VLANs, all running their own 192.168.202.* subnets. However, when I try to tag the (2) NC373i teamed ports to anything but the default_VLAN on the 2848, the switch insists on "moving" it, dyn1, to the default_VLAN.

Anyone have a clue?

Many Thanks!
2 REPLIES
Matt Hobbs
Honored Contributor
Solution

Re: VLANs and Teamed NICs

It's creating an automatic LACP (802.3ad) trunk. On the ProCurve, create a static LACP trunk, from there you can then assign the trunk to whatever VLANs you require:

e.g.

2848(config)# trunk 1-2 trk1 lacp
2848(config)# vlan 2
2848(vlan-2)# tagged trk1
2848(config)# vlan 3
2848(vlan-2)# tagged trk1

jsu
Advisor

Re: VLANs and Teamed NICs

Thx Matt. You helped direct me to the "right" place in the documentation that notes that dynamic trunks get assigned to the default_vlan, unless GVRP is turned on (not desired for my purposes). Your fix was spot on.