1752758 Members
4675 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

VLANs dropping on 5308XL

Jeff Allen_10

VLANs dropping on 5308XL

Hi,

I have 2 VLANs setup on my new 5308XL. I can have VLAN1 up and running fine on multiple ports. As soon as I plug a firewall or other device into a port assigned to VLAN2 all of the devices in VLAN1 stop responding... If I remove the device on VLAN2, then the VLAN1 devices come back to life... any ideas?

Thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7
Mohammed Safadi
Advisor

Re: VLANs dropping on 5308XL

Dear Jeff
can you please attach the show running config output file, so we can check what kind of configuration you have done

Thanks & Regards
Jeff Allen_10

I think this is what you are looking for.

Also I wanted to try and upgrade the software yesterday to the latest version, yet I was not even able to download the current config to my pc using xmodem... kept losing connection.
Jeff Allen_10

Here is what I am seeing in the logs whenever something gets plugged into VLAN2 and it causes VLAN to go away.

I 08/09/05 03:31:34 ports: port C14 is Blocked by LACP
I 08/09/05 03:31:37 ports: port C14 is Blocked by STP
Olaf Borowski
Respected Contributor

Jeff,

I don't know what is plugged into port C14 but it must have spanning tree running or something is forwarding spanning tree packets. The switch thinks it's a loop and blocks the port. Can you describe your topology?

Thanks,

Olaf
Jeff Allen_10

Hi Have plugged in multiple devices such as a hub and the private side of our firewall... this all causes the VLAN1 to go offline. The odd thing is I have a 2650-PWR setup the exact same way and it doesn't have this problem... I am guessing that I am missing something simple. I'll work on the topology and post shortly.
Mohammed Safadi
Advisor

Dear Jeff
If you can attach the output command and your network topology so we can do further investigation

and please spacify which vlans are you using? VLAN 2 & 3 ??

for upgrading the firmware why dont you use a TFTP server ??

Regards
Jeff Allen_10

I tried to do the but it spews out endless amounts of data... is there any way to get this into smaller chunks or export it to a text file?