1753894 Members
7221 Online
108809 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Vlan problem

davide73

Vlan problem

Hello,

I have recently setup a new procurve 2650 with two Vlans: public for server outside the firewall and publicfw for server behind firewall. The firewall is configured as a transparent (bridge) device.

I need to move a server from public vlan to publicfw for firewall protection. When i do this server's MAC doesn't appear in the vlan address table. This result in server unreachable. No problem when the server is in the public vlan.

Please, can you help me ?

Thanks,
Davide.
2 REPLIES 2
Pieter 't Hart
Honored Contributor

Re: Vlan problem

Your description of the network is very brief.

Have you only got a single switch ?
Is the firewall a newly added device ?
Is it connected with a single NIC using vlan's or two NIC's each for it's own network?

The server is most likely not configured to use vlan-tags itself.
Did you configure the port where you want the server connected as untagged in vlan-publicfw?
davide73

Re: Vlan problem

Thanks for your reply Pieter,

I have a single switch for the public (internet) network, this switch is connected to internet router with two upstreams. One on vlan-public and one on vlan-publicfw through the firewall.

The firewall is configured as a transparent bridge between the internet and publicfw network.

Servers use only one NIC connected to vlan-public or vlan-publicfw and all the the switch ports are configured as untagged.

Thanks,
Davide.