1752805 Members
5951 Online
108789 Solutions
New Discussion юеВ

Re: WESM ZL Rebooting

NOV Noobie
Occasional Advisor

WESM ZL Rebooting

I am having issues with a WESM ZL rebooting every 15-20 minutes during business hour only, I first I thought it was a Policy Group that I setup for the wireless guest acccess but since then I have wiped the config completly off the WESM (Just an IP address and a Default Gateway) and it still continious to do the same. I was wondering if someone has encountered the issue, I have similar deployments at other sites (some with a larger number of users) with no issues, I have replaced/tried with WESM's, tried different slots and chasis. I also check with building electrician to make sure if wasn't being a facilites envorimental issue (Dirty Power, ETC) and no luck, any suggestions?
5 REPLIES 5
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

what version of firmware are you running? I would ensure that logging is enabled, probably to external syslog server and with that information log a call with HP technical support.

Most likley a bogus WESM.

Trev.
NOV Noobie
Occasional Advisor

Thanks for the reply...that's been done, and I am running new code on the WESM and the Chassis provided by HP and no luck, I figure I give it a shot in the dark here, and see if anyone has ran into something similar
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

what firmware are you running on the 5400zl?
NOV Noobie
Occasional Advisor

been running K13.51 on the switch since January and WT01.23 on the WESM for about a week or so...
Trevor Commulynx
Regular Advisor

Have you been running the same configs on both the switch and WESM through out this issue? if so post the config(s) of the switch and Wesm (- any sensitive details) as it seems this is the only common denominator as you have replaced the chasis and WEsm and still the issue.

Have you started with a blank config and slowly added configurations or does it happen if you leave a blank Wesm in the chasis?