New Discussion юеВ

Re: Web Interface - Port Utilization

SOLVED
Go to solution
Ken Richmond
Advisor

Web Interface - Port Utilization

Hi,

I've noticed on all of my switches (4 4000m's and 1 5304xl) that there's no horizontal scroll bar. I can't see all of the ports in the switches. Is this a bug?

I'm using MSIE 6.0.

Thanks for any suggestions.
6 REPLIES 6
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Sounds like the webpage was designed for a higher resolution than you have. See if you can increase your resolution via the Display/Settings in the Control Panel.

Ron
Ken Richmond
Advisor

Thanks Ron,

I thought I had a horizontal scroll bar in that section of the web interface in a previous verion? Seems silly to have to increase your resolution just because you've added another module to the switch. Imagine what kind of resolution you'd need with a fully populated 5308xl :)
Ron Kinner
Honored Contributor

Another possibility is to try clicking on the middle button in the top right corner which should automatically give you a horizontal scroll bar and then readjust the screen size to as big as it will go and still keep the horizontal scroll bar.

Ron
Ardon
Trusted Contributor
Solution

Hi,

That is correct on the Scrollbar...however.
If you use the Cursor Keys you can navigate to the right.

Hope this helps.

Ardon
ProCurve Networking Engineer
Stuart Teo
Trusted Contributor

Here's my experience with IE6 and Mozilla Firebird. There is no scrollbar but if you click on the gray part of the utilization graph, hold down the mouse button and drag right and left: you'd get to move to the higher ports. It is this way by design.
If a problem can be fixed, there's nothing to worry. If a problem can't be fixed, worrying ain't gonna help. Bottom line: don't worry.
homer_8
Occasional Advisor

We also had an experience like that and until now we couldnt see the others ports utilizatiion... weve already adjusted video resolution up 2 the smallest screen area pixel... but still we couldnt see the rightmost ports....
We are using Switch 4108 w/ 96ports (4x24ports module)...
Is this a bug? Can the latest firmware solve this if we apply this to the switch?

Thanks